Sunday, March 30, 2008

lordy lordy...look who started a blog

Alright...I started one. There. Who knows who will check this out....don't care really. If you check it out.......HEY! How the heck are ya.

Today I was ready to throw in the motherly towel. Too many things went wrong today...crankiness, not sleeping, sleeping too much, attitude reserved for teenage years, the list goes on. I'm sure that everyone has been here before. Remember what it was like when we didn't have kids...when you could just pick up at a moments notice. When you could eat at 7:30 and eat ceasar salad for dinner..........AND that's it. Remember when you didn't have to buy ketchup every 2 weeks (it is the ultimate condiment....isn't it?). Remember when you could go to a movie with your husband and a) stay out as late as you wanted, b) not fall asleep during the show and c) eat popcorn and nachos with processed cheese for dinner. Tell me this is all worth it....right?

ok...I know it is but it is fun to go back in time. Best part is that I lovingly said to my daughter "I cannot wait until you are 13". And I meant it.
To which my husband asks "why?"
"Because we will be out of this hard, baby stuff by then for sure"
I'm pretty sure at this point he snorted.
I stop him with "don't burst my bubble here...she'll be an angel at 13"
At this point I'm thinking I am delusional.

No comments: